Aerie™ 24 Clutch Large Department Backup
Aerie™ Large Department Backup Appliance
The Aerie™ 24 Clutch Large Department Backup Appliance with integrated True incremental Backup System® software is designed for large heterogeneous computing environments.
- Wide array of optional operating systems, specialty file systems, high performance computing platforms, and network filers can be supported in a single Aerie™ backup appliance.
- Heavy steel chassis with premium vibration isolation to mitigate errors introduced by harmonics in densely packed computing environments
- 12Gb/s Backplanes and enterprise SAS rotational HDD media with included SSD for Ubuntu Linux OS and TiBS application space
- Easy to rack, power, and configure to quickly begin initial full network backups.
- The Aerie™ purpose built backup appliance offers a wide variety of options for network connectivity including Ethernet, Fiber, SAS, and InfiniBand.
- Complementary SSD, HDD, Tape, and Optical systems can be easily implemented in storage pools for targeted placement of digital assets and maximum cost control
Aerie™ 24 Clutch Backup Appliance
Aerie™ 24 Clutch – Large Department Backup Appliance
Teradactyl® makes complex large department backup of heterogeneous environments easy to protect with a simple 4U rack mounted appliance. Operating systems, file systems, and network attached storage are all processed by a single application in a purpose built backup appliance designed for big data applications.
Teradactyl® hardware and software integrated and tested in a high performance computing center for years of durable performance and perpetual True incremental Backup operations. TiBS PteroStor™ Edition & Aerie™ support your choice of client operating systems and specialty file systems. A wide array of storage subsystems can be added for staged rotational media, SSD, tape, and optical targets. Storage pools can be defined by client classes and groups or by time via a configurable level backup strategy. Aerie™ appliances are simple to rack, power, and configure and will quickly begin initial full network backups. The Aerie™ 24Clutch is available for all versions of the True incremental Backup System PteroStor™ edition. We recommend Lite or Full version deployment that eliminate the need for future network full backups. TiBS will take just the new and changed data from your systems and synthetically create a new full backup volume entirely on the backup server at scheduled intervals.
Aerie™ is easy to expand with options for Teradactyl integrated Direct Attached Storage (TiDAS™), tape library support for virtually any manufacturer & technology, and even optical storage solutions that are stable in challenging environmental conditions. All Aerie™ lines include IPMI 2.0 subsystem that provides management and monitoring capabilities independently of the host system's CPU, firmware (BIOS or UEFI) and operating system.
With TiBS PteroStor™ Edition, the new interface will make adding assets and storage easy. Our enhanced and very powerful search platform enables quick identification of systems, partitions, or files and lists the available restore point options. The new restore interface allows you to direct the data back to the asset or to another platform with clear reporting of unsupported ACL's or other potential conflicts. The PteroStor™ status and reporting console keeps you updated on all TiBS software, server, and storage sub-system operations. Teradactyl made an interface that is really simple to use even in large environments.
Aerie™ Series – Large Department Backup Appliance
Features & Benefits
- Eliminates periodic full network backups
- Verification and repair of backup volumes
- Parallel transfer of True incremental changes over the network
- Choose between disk, tape, or combined data storage modules
- Single Pass Restores
- Redundancy of synthetic full backup consolidations
- Multiple levels of data integrity verification
- 100% of software purchase price can be applied to Version Upgrades!
- 1 Platform, Disk Storage, & 10 Processes Standard
- License more platforms, storage options, and parallel processes as needed
- 4U Enterprise Quality Vibration Tested Chassis
- SSD for OS & TiBS Application Performance
- 144 TB Raw Capacity / 96 TB Data Capacity +12 TB Meta Data Capacity
- User Replaceable Hot & Cold Swap Drives
- 48GB ECC Memory Standard
- Additional Disk & Tape Storage Ready
- Optional Networking & Connectivity Options & Upgrades Available
- 5 Cooling Fans Standard
- Dual 100 – 240 V/1010 Watt Power Supplies
- 3 Year Hardware Support Plans Available
|True incremental Backup System Features|
|TiBS PteroStor Edition|
|Ability to process network True incremental Backups|
|Ability to process network Synthetic Cumulative Incremental|
|Ability to process network Full Backup|
|Synthetic Generation of True incremental Backups to Differential Volumes|
|Synthetic Generation of True incremental Backups to Cumulative Incremental Volumes|
|Synthetic Generation of True incremental Backups to Full Backup Volumes|
|Synthetic Generation of True incremental Backups to Full & Intermediate Backup Volumes|
|Synthetic Generation of Partial Cumulative Backup Volumes (Between two points in time)|
|Disk Storage Sub-System|
|Tape Storage Sub-System|
|Mixed Media Storage|
|Ability to process network backups in parallel|
|Ability to process synthetic Full Backups in parallel|
|Ability to process multiple levels of synthetic backups in parallel|
|Maximum number of parallel processes available per Aerie appliance|
|Available license for all Teradactyl supported operating and specialty file systems within a department.|
|Available license for all Teradactyl supported operating and specialty file systems within a single organizational site.|
|Available license for all Teradactyl supported operating and specialty file systems within an organizational system at multiple locations within the same country.|
|Client Assets Operating Systems/Architecture|
|BSD OS/Intel||IRIX/SPx||Open Solaris/Sparc|
|Digital UNIX/Alpha||Linux/Intel||Open Solaris/Intel|
|Specialty Network File Systems|
|Andrew File System – IBM AFS|
|Andrew File System - OpenAFS|
|AuriStor - Alpha Testing|
|L-Store File System|
|GPFS / Spectrum Scale 3.5 & 4.X|
|Lustre 2.x – Intel & Seagate|
|Network File System - NFS 4.X|
True incremental Backup System®
- BlueARC® Filers by Hitachi Data Systems Corporation deployed as Primary Storage are supported backup clients by the True incremental Backup System®.
- EMC® Data Domain® filers deployed as TiBS backup server storage sub-systems are supported Disk Library targets by the True incremental Backup System®.
- NetApp® "FAS Series" filers deployed as Primary Storage are supported backup clients by the True incremental Backup System®.
NOTE: If you have operating or file systems that are not listed here please call our research center and let us know. Our backup client can be easily ported to just about any UNIX platform and we specialize in solutions for emerging file systems.