Aerie™ 12 Clutch Entry Level Enterprise Backup Appliance
Entry Level Enterprise Backup
The Aerie™ Entry Level Enterprise Backup Appliance with integrated True incremental Backup System® software is designed for heterogeneous computing environments.
- Welcome to the platform for organizations that want both enterprise backup capabilities and enterprise quality hardware
- Wide array of optional operating systems, specialty file systems, high performance computing platforms, and network filers can be supported in a single Aerie™ backup appliance.
- Heavy steel chassis with premium vibration isolation to mitigate errors introduced by harmonics in densely packed computing environments
- 12Gb/s Backplanes and enterprise SAS rotational HDD media with included SSD for Ubuntu Linux OS and TiBS application space
- Easy to rack, power, and configure to quickly begin initial full network backups.
- The Aerie™ purpose built backup appliance offers a wide variety of options for network connectivity including Ethernet, Fiber, SAS, and InfiniBand.
- Complementary SSD, HDD, Tape, and Optical systems can be easily implemented in storage pools for targeted placement of digital assets and maximum cost control
Aerie™ 12 Clutch Backup Appliance
Teradactyl provides data assurance for the leading computer science and artificial intelligence facilities in the world. We offer an Entry Level Enterprise Backup system in a turnkey appliance. Organizations that manage backup operations on premise trust Teradactyl®.
Teradactyl hardware and software are integrated and tested in a high performance computing centers for years of durable performance and perpetual True incremental backup operations. TiBS PteroStor™ Edition & Aerie™ support your choice of client operating systems and specialty file systems. A wide array of storage subsystems can also be added. These can be staged rotational media, SSD, tape, or optical targets. Storage pools can be defined by client classes and groups or by time via a configurable level backup strategy.
Aerie™ appliances are simple to rack, power, and configure. TiBS PteroStor™ will quickly begin initial full network backups and then True incremental Backup. The Aerie™ 12 Clutch is available for all versions of the True incremental Backup System PteroStor™ edition. We recommend Lite or Full version deployment to eliminate the need for future network full backups. TiBS will take just the new and changed data from your systems. TIBS Lite & Full versions will synthetically create a new full backup volume entirely on the backup server at your specified scheduled intervals.
With TiBS PteroStor™ Edition, the new interface will make adding assets and storage easy. Our enhanced and very powerful search platform enables quick identification of systems, partitions, or files and lists the available restore point options. The new restore interface allows you to direct the data back to the asset or to another platform with clear reporting of unsupported ACL's or other potential conflicts. The PteroStor™ status and reporting console keeps you updated on all TiBS software, server, and storage sub-system operations. Teradactyl made an interface that is really simple to use even in large environments.
Aerie 12 Clutch – TiBS Entry Level Enterprise Backup Appliance
Features & Benefits
- All Three Versions of TiBS PteroStor Edition Available (Basic, Lite, Full)
- Verification and repair of backup volumes.
- Parallel transfer of True incremental changes over the network
- Choose between disk, tape, or combined data storage modules
- Single Pass Restores
- Redundancy of synthetic full and mid-level backup consolidations (Lite & Full Versions)
- Multiple levels of data integrity verification
- 100% of software purchase price can be applied to Version Upgrades!
- Wide Platform Selection: Operating Systems, Specialty File Systems, & NAS Appliances Supported
- 1 Platform, Disk Storage, & 2 Processes Standard
- License more platforms, storage options, and parallel processes as needed
- 2U Enterprise Quality Vibration Tested Chassis
- SSD for OS & TiBS Application Performance
- 72 TB Raw Capacity / 48 TB Data Capacity + 6 TB MetaData Capacity
- User Replaceable Hot & Cold Swap Drives
- 32GB ECC Memory Standard
- Additional Disk & Tape Storage Ready
- Optional Networking & Connectivity Options & Upgrades Available
- 3 Cooling Fans Standard
- Dual 100 – 240 V / 800 Watt Power Supplies
- 3 Year Hardware Support Plans Available
Aerie Series 12 Clutch – True incremental Backup System Turnkey Appliance
True incremental Backup System Features
TiBS PteroStor Edition
Ability to process network True incremental Backups
Ability to process network Synthetic Cumulative Incremental
Ability to process network Full Backup
Synthetic Generation of True incremental Backups to Differential Volumes
Synthetic Generation of True incremental Backups to Cumulative Inremental Volumes
Synthetic Generation of True incremental Backups to Full Backup Volumes
Synthetic Generation of True incremental Backups to Full & Intermediate Backup Volumes
Synthetic Generation of Partial Cumulative Backup Volumes (Between two points in time)
Disk Storage Sub-System
Tape Storage Sub-System
Mixed Media Storage
Ability to process network backups in parallel
Ability to process synthetic Full Backups in parallel
Ability to process multiple levels of synthetic backups in parallel
Maximum number of parallel processes available per Aerie appliance
Available license for all Teradactyl supported operating and specialty file systems within a department.
Available license for all Teradactyl supported operating and specialty file systems within a single organizational site.
Available license for all Teradactyl supported operating and specialty file systems within an organizational system at multiple locations within the same country.
|Client Assets Operating Systems/Architecture|
|BSD OS/Intel||IRIX/SPx||Open Solaris/Sparc|
|Digital UNIX/Alpha||Linux/Intel||Open Solaris/Intel|
|Specialty Network File Systems|
|Andrew File System – IBM AFS|
|Andrew File System - OpenAFS|
|AuriStor - Alpha Testing|
|L-Store File System|
GPFS / Spectrum Scale 3.5 & 4.X
Lustre 2.x – Intel & Seagate
|Network File System - NFS 4.X|
True incremental Backup System®
- BlueARC® Filers by Hitachi Data Systems Corporation deployed as Primary Storage are supported backup clients by the True incremental Backup System®.
- EMC® Data Domain® filers deployed as TiBS backup server storage sub-systems are supported Disk Library targets by the True incremental Backup System®.
- NetApp® "FAS Series" filers deployed as Primary Storage are supported backup clients by the True incremental Backup System®.
NOTE: If you have operating or file systems that are not listed here please call our research center and let us know. Our backup client can be easily ported to just about any UNIX platform and we specialize in solutions for emerging file systems.